Umrah is very well known as ‘minor Hajj or minor pilgrimage’ and it is a Sunnah act that can be performed at any time throughout the year except of the five days of Hajj, in which performing Umrah is makrooh. A person who steps out in the way of Umrah is considered as pilgrim until he reaches back to his home.
Umrah can not be performed just once, but a person can perform Umrah multiple times. Nowadays, it has noticed that few people go for Umrah without even knowing the perfect actions, virtues and great blessing. It is necessary for a person who intends to perform Umrah, learn all the basics of the act of worship including the mandatory actions. Every type of Ibadat is attached along with its virtues in Islam, including the pilgrimage of Umrah. Prophet (PBUH) linked a number of Hadees about ALLAH’S bounties; a person can get wonderful blessings and great rewards of performing the pilgrimage of Umrah.
Let us discuss the virtues of Umrah.
- The act of Umrah cleanses person’s soul and heart from past committed sins. It is told to do Umrah more than once in your life, umrah act as a washing the sins of person.
- Umrah protects a person from poverty; it is to be done for the sake of ALLAH, a person spends its wealth and time for completing deeds.
- Like Hajj, performing Umrah is amongst the greatest deeds. ALLAH loves those people who strive in their path in hope of pleasing Him alone and performing Umrah and Hajj is an act in which ALLAH considers the pilgrim to be answering His call.
- The reward of performing umrah, in the holy month of Ramadan is equal to performing Hajj. The prophet (PBUH) himself tells the significance of performing Umrah during the month of Ramadan, this month has got huge virtues. There are so many sayings of Prophet (PBUH); He said,
“Umrah in Ramadan is equal (in Reward) to a pilgrimage with me.”
[Reported by Al-Bukhari]
- Another virtue of performing Umrah is that if a person passes away during the journey of Umrah, they will be rewarded with Jannah.
These are few of the virtues that mentioned above about Umrah. Indeed the virtues of performing Umrah are uncountable and priceless to any Muslim that’s why umrah referred to as a minor Hajj.
Every human being has special needs and demands. Muslims are blessed because they can ask ALLAH to grant their desires and wishes. Only He could fulfil our wishes and desires and understand the true intentions. Performing Pilgrimages like Hajj and umrah are the Golden opportunity for Muslims to send their requests to ALLAH. Umrah is a special event which is held at in Mecca. Every Muslim that can afford to perform umrah should do this in his or her life and try to make the most use out of Umrah and beg ALLAH for mercy and forgiveness for his sins and should ask ALLAH to show him the right path.