Personal hygiene, be complying with the following tips:
- Washing hands with soap and water, especially before and after eating, as well as after using the toilet or touching a sick person.
- Having a daily shower with warm water and soap (must be non-perfumed during Ihram) in order for your body to be clean
- Trimming nails and cleaning ears.
- Choose a proper place, away from street barbers!
- Keep away from unauthorized and unclean barbers.
- Brushing teeth after meals and before bedtime.
- Using clean towels and napkins.
- Avoiding bare-feet walking.
- Avoiding the others’ tools (combs, clothes, towels … etc.)
House and Environment Cleanliness:
Only personal hygiene is not enough for a person to be clean so one should really take care of cleanliness of the house he lives in and the surrounding environment as well. This can be accomplished through:
- Cleaning the bed every day.
- Avoiding throwing garbage on the floor, streets or any places other than those assigned to garbage
- Avoiding eating in bed.
- Cleaning the personal tools used by the pilgrim at his residence.
- Cleanliness of Food and Drink:
Food is the fuel of your body:
It is the secret of your survival, and the source of your power. To preserve the cleanliness of food and drink, consider the following tips:
- Try to choose the food that is clean and well cooked, from a reliable vendor.
- Cooking food thoroughly to kill germs.
- Avoid using insecticide during preparing (or eating) your food.
- Washing hands before and after eating.
- Washing fruits and vegetables very well before eating.
- In case of packaged foods, you have to ensure the expiry date.
- Covering the dinnerware containing foods and vegetables, and avoiding exposing them to dust and insects, lest it should be contaminated with the effect that you might suffer from food poisoning.
- Using clean plates and cooking pots.
- Keep to buying well packaged foods and keep away from eating uncovered foods on the wholes, especially from street vendors.
- Keep away from buying foods from street vendors, to evade the hazards of food poisoning. And it is necessary to eliminate the leftover food rather than storing it.
- Avoiding eating meat, chicken, fish and eggs that are not fully blown, or those of an unknown source.
- It is recommended to drink pasteurized milk, bottled mineral water, and packaged juices.
- Keep foods covered in the fridge.
- Storing dry foods (grains and legumes, etc.) in closed packages, to be stored in a dry place.
- Using clean water for drinking and cooking, and in case you suspect the cleanliness of water, you have to boil it.
One should avoid over crowded places as much as possible because Overcrowding is a fertile environment for disease transmission especially for elderly people.
Hajj is the pilgrimage to Mecca that is a mandatory worship Act and all Muslims should have to perform the Hajj at least once in your life. Hajj is the pillar of the religion Islam and every able body should lead this blessed path. Now, Muslims visit Mecca to perform the Hajj taking Hajj package offers that make unforgettable your sacred journey.